Wednesday, January 21, 2009

¡¡Tengo un amigo mexicano!!

Yeah, I found the only Mexican in Mexico who can't dance, go figure! The the other weekend, I went to the antro (club) with my friends and we were all just doing our own American thing and this guy comes up and asks me to dance. My response: No, seriously, you don't want to dance with me. But, he said he didn't care so I said fine, thinking that he would last like five minutes max dancing with me. Wrong!! We danced the entire night, and it was so much fun, it was so nerdy and the entire time I'm thinking this guy is just making fun of me, but it was funny so I just laughed it off.

A few days later we got together for coffee and we were talking (turns out, I can speak Spanish for three hours straight, which was surprise to me) and he asked if the other night I was laughing at him because he couldn't dance. I asked if he was serious, and he said that he was and I was like, yeah I was laughing at you...but I can't either so it's OK! Also, when we ran out of things to talk about, I started translating all of my bad jokes into Spanish.

It was a lot of fun, we met in a smaller town by Puebla called Cholula which is famous for having the world's biggest pyramide and so after coffee we walked to the top of that. I had been to Cholula the day before for the market with my host mom - it was so intense there were dead chickens their heads still on, and fish, and live animals for eating and for pets, and a little old lady sitting under a really big truck selling avocados.

And, now I'm going to go to class - nos vemos!

No comments:

Post a Comment